Partners

Hackney Historic Building Trust Imagery

Hackney Historic Buildings Trust

Hackney Historic Buildings Trust (HHBT) is a building preservation trust that has restored and found new uses for historic buildings in the borough since 1985. Buildings include: the Round Chapel, the Worship Street Drinking Fountain, Georgian Houses in New North Road, and St Augustine’s Tower.

HHBT restored St Augustine’s Tower in 2005/06, and manages the building on behalf of the London Borough of Hackney. St Augustine’s Tower is listed Grade 1 and is the surviving bell tower of the former medieval church which was demolished in 1798. It is Hackney’s oldest building dating partly from the 13th century. The Tower is open to the public without charge on the last Sunday of the month (December excepted) from 2 to 4.30 p.m. The Trust also manages the Grade 2* Round Chapel, a former nonconformist chapel, which is used as an arts and performance space. Both buildings can be hired by arrangement with the Trust.

Hackney Historic Buildings Trust
The Round Chapel
1d Glenarm Road
London E5 0LY
Tel: 020 8986 0029
www.hhbt.org.uk